Assistant Plumber - NCL Holdings
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best.
As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings family.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- His allocated area.
- Responsible for the repair and plumbing, potable water, gray water and black water line.
- Assists in performing major mechanical overhaul and repair work on vacuum system.
- Notify the Plumber regarding working consumables to be ordered.
- Adheres to all safe working practices in all tasks, including proper use of watertight doors, handling of chemical products and usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Experience on vessels in equivalent position.
- Knowledge of the Company SMS.
- Skills including but not limited to:
- Team Work
- Engine Room Experience
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Excellent appearance
- To be able to meet all pre joining requirements.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian celebrates a corporate history of industry firsts, including being the first cruise line to offer weekly departures to the Caribbean from Miami and the first to offer youth-specific onboard programs and also onboard WiFi.
In an ever-changing world, Norwegian remains a leader in the industry for providing premium guest experiences on cruises across the globe. Nobody does it better. Norwegian introduced Freestyle Cruising, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on a relaxed, resort-style cruise vacation. Our award-winning fleet of purpose-built ships – the youngest and most innovative at sea –visits more than 230 destinations worldwide. As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
We’ll proudly welcome Norwegian Bliss to our fleet in Summer 2018, with several more vessels are scheduled through 2025. Recently, Norwegian was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the ninth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” for the fourth time and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” for the fifth year by the World Travel Awards. Norwegian Cruise Line is officially listed on the NYSE, trading under the ticker symbol “NCLH” (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (56)
- Beauty Jobs (49)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- Child Care Jobs (24)
- Deck Jobs (32)
- Engine Jobs (86)
- Entertainment Jobs (131)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (379)
- Guest Services Jobs (65)
- IT Jobs (4)
- Land Based Jobs (139)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (32)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Retail Jobs (43)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (27)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (11)
- Other Jobs (15)