Carnival UK are recruiting to fill Chef Patissier vacancies onboard for our Cunard Line and P&O Cruises brands.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Manage, monitor, develop and train members of the team to ensure the provision of high quality, professionally prepared food products.
- Effectively manage own area, ensure adequate resourcing of team, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide guidance, motivation and direction as required.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including the Public Health Policy, HESS,
- FSP and ILO. Identify areas of improvement to ensure attention to detail is achieved by the team and a consistent passenger dining experience provided, continually striving to improve passenger satisfaction scores.
- Oversee the creation of celebration cakes and desserts for special occasions on board such as weddings and the renewal of vows.
- Liaise with the Chef de Partie to confirm the daily menu requirements and discuss the daily working processes of the team.
- Effectively monitor and manage costs and resources within own area and inform the Chef de Cuisine of any issues immediately.
- Effectively resolve all passenger complaints and comments regarding food production for own area and work collaboratively with Restaurant Managers and
- Head Waiter ensuring a smooth and efficient passenger experience.
- Attend and undertake Open Galley events such as cooking demonstrations and corporate sponsored social events, as and when required.
- Our galleys deliver in excess of over 1000 covers, freshly prepared at every sitting. You will be working in large teams of up to 165 chefs from mixed nationalities. You will work 10 hours a day over a period of 2 – 3 shifts, 7 days a week for the duration of your contract.
Experience / Qualifications
- Relevant industry recognised qualification such as NVQ III Bakery, Patisserie or Food
- Manufacture or equivalent
- Previous experience of working as a Pastry Chef is essential, preferably within a 4/5 star establishment
- Comprehensive knowledge of pastry techniques and skills
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering desirable
- Good command of written and spoken English
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.