Carnival UK is looking to engage a Youth Manager to be responsible for the running of the Children’s Programme on board our family friendly ships.
The Youth Manager manages the on board Children’s Facility, which provides an extremely high standard of childcare, varied entertainment programmes and facilities for all children and their families.
Your role will include:
- Managing the day-to-day running of the facilities
- Programming and scheduling of all activity programmes for families and children
- Supervision and management of the on board Youth Team including creation of rosters, mentoring and developing staff and motivating your team to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction
- Compliance with the companies HESS (Health, Emergency and Safety and Security) Policies and Procedures
- Hosting of large events/parties for children and families in public areas of the ship
- Management of resources and departmental budgets
- Dealing with Guest complaints and feedback
- Communication with ship and shore stakeholders
We’re looking for resilient, passionate and inspiring youth staff to be champions of safeguarding in our trusted teams and be role models to our customers. We pride ourselves on having worked with the NSPCC on the safeguarding aspects of our recruitment process to promote the safety and well-being of child passengers.
Skills, knowledge and experience
You must have:
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for working with children, and enjoy working hard to deliver a great service
- Experience working within a childcare setting with the ability to work with children aged 6 months to 17 years
- Experience of managing a team of child-care professionals, coaching and mentoring staff to ensure each individual develops
- In depth knowledge of legislation and practices to safeguard and protect children and young people
- Hold a level 3 diploma in childcare and education or QTS Primary School or QTS Secondary School or equivalent qualification with a minimum of one years' experience working in a UK Childcare environment
- Experience of undertaking stock control checks and ordering of equipment and materials when required
- Experience of dealing with challenging situations with adults and children
- Competent in the use of most MS Office Software
- Confidence in public speaking
Carnival UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks, including an Enhanced criminal record and barred List Checks.