In line with the Cruise Director’s programme and direction, the Entertainer plans and organises daily entertainment activities in order to create a pleasant environment on board, making our guests’ holidays a memorable experience.
- Welcomes guests and assists them at all times during the cruise;
- Promotes entertainment activities;
- Organises and presents a varied daytime and evening international entertainment programme (sport, fitness, games, quizzes, shows, galas, etc.);
- Stages and performs entertainment shows/acts;
- Actively interacts and socialises with all guests;
- Handles complaints and queries;
- Looks after entertainment tools and equipment;
- Ensures that the content and entertainment activities are professional and non-offensive to the audience.
- Fluent English, oral and written and at least in 2 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- High School graduation certificate
- Professional certificates are an advantage;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a professional entertainer (Hotels, Camping, Cruiselines, etc.);
- Computer literacy;
- Enthusiastic and creative;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to organise and run complex and varied activities with little supervision;
- At ease with public speaking;
- STCW certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (216)
- Beauty Jobs (68)
- Casino Jobs (48)
- Child Care Jobs (28)
- Deck Jobs (97)
- Engine Jobs (150)
- Entertainment Jobs (185)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (785)
- Guest Services Jobs (108)
- IT Jobs (16)
- Land Based Jobs (129)
- Management Jobs (58)
- Medical Jobs (28)
- Office Jobs (83)
- Photography Jobs (30)
- Retail Jobs (61)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (23)
- Other Jobs (28)