Food and Beverage Manager
In line with Company guidelines, the Food & Beverage Manager manages the entire F&B operation on board MSC Cruises’ vessels by ensuring proper planning, execution and delivery of all food operations and creating the perfect dining experience for all guests.
- Manages all F&B and day-to-day operations to the highest standards, identifying customers’ needs and responding proactively to all of their concerns;
- Is accountable for the performance and achievement of Company budgetary goals;
- Supervises F&B team members, supporting and training them to enhance their current performance and evaluates their skills suggesting possible advancement or additional on-the-job training;
- Complies with set Company F&B service standards and follows the Company Sanitation Protocols (sanitation, hygiene and personnel management) and as Food Safety Officer ensures sanitation compliance in food operations.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Professional School diploma from a Bar School/Bar Training Academy is an advantage;
- At least 4 years’ experience as F&B Manager and leading a team;
- Experience in the cruise industry or in 4/5 star hotels or resorts is an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of Office package;
- Knowledge of hotel management software, Fidelio, Micros and MMS is an advantage;
- Very good understanding of menu management, food cost control and F&B trends/best practices;
- Sound knowledge of cash handling, accounting, cash card systems, computerised bar systems and ability to meet financial targets;
- Customer service and problem solving skills;
- STCW certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- Food Safety Proficiency certificate issued by recognized Authority;
- A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (114)
- Beauty Jobs (49)
- Casino Jobs (34)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (70)
- Engine Jobs (149)
- Entertainment Jobs (164)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (628)
- Guest Services Jobs (76)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (119)
- Management Jobs (46)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (65)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (42)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (40)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (33)