Under the direction of the Photo Manager, the Photographer takes quality photographs and portraits of guests on board and/or during excursions whilst providing superior customer service in order to maximise sales of photographs and photo equipment.
- Takes high quality pictures and portraits;
- Adapts the photo offers to customers’ requests;
- Organises the on board photo gallery and lockers keeping the photo boutique layout attractive and tidy, in line with MSC Cruises guidelines;
- Monitors levels of stock and properly stores delivered products in a timely manner;
- Prepares and takes care of professional equipment.
- Fluent in English, oral and written and in at least 2 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any of other language is considered an advantage;
- High School certificate;
- Professional certificates preferred but not essential;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a photographer;
- Previous experience on a cruise ship is an advantage;
- Computer literacy, knowledge of Photoshop and other professional photo editing softwares;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills and sales orientation;
- Ability to work in a team, unsupervised or with little supervision;
- STCW certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (114)
- Beauty Jobs (49)
- Casino Jobs (34)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (70)
- Engine Jobs (145)
- Entertainment Jobs (164)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (628)
- Guest Services Jobs (76)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (119)
- Management Jobs (46)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (65)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (42)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (40)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (33)