Shore Excursion Host or Hostess
In line with the department guidelines and under the supervision of the Shore Excursion Manager, the Shore Excursion Hot / Hostess uses different selling techniques to promote excursions to our guests in order to achieve highest revenue possible.
- Delivers high standards of service in regards to excursions’ bookings and sales, private shore activities and disembarkation arrangements;
- Provides guests with ports and tours information;
- Executes the back office administrative tasks;
- Escorts the groups and supervises local tour operators during the excursions;
- If necessary, supports local tour guides with language translations;
- Handles guests’ complaints and queries.
- Fluent English, oral and written and 3 additional European languages are required (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- High School certificate;
- At least 1 year experience in tourism industry or in customer facing roles;
- Previous experience in the cruise industry is a strong advantage;
- Experience in complaints management and selling techniques;
- Computer Literacy, knowledge of Publisher and Fidelio is an advantage;
- STCW trainings are compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (87)
- Beauty Jobs (65)
- Casino Jobs (40)
- Child Care Jobs (33)
- Deck Jobs (51)
- Engine Jobs (99)
- Entertainment Jobs (123)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (565)
- Guest Services Jobs (93)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (85)
- Management Jobs (34)
- Medical Jobs (18)
- Office Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (21)
- Retail Jobs (43)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (18)
- Other Jobs (10)