In line with the department guidelines and under the supervision of the Head of Amusement, the Amusement Specialist maintains a constant presence throughout the amusement area by assisting guests, providing games information, pushing related promos, and activating minor maintenance on the machines.
- Explains and promotes the different games, services and activities available in the amusement area;
- Increases sales opportunities;
- Informs guests of special offers, new products and promotions;
- Assists guest in the games activation;
- Processes payments;
- Looks after amusement area equipment and alerts if maintenance or technical troubleshooting is needed;
- Constantly strives to create an entertaining gaming environment, which intrigues, attracts, and retains the attention of our guests;
- Handles guests' complaints and queries;
- Focuses on ratings, monthly revenue targets, and operational goals to deliver outstanding customer service and sales results;
- Takes part in any extra duties as requested by the specific situation to support the Onboard Revenue team.
- Fluent in English, oral and written and in at least 2 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any of other language is considered an advantage;
- High School graduation certificate;
- Previous experience on cruise lines is an advantage;
- Computer literacy;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Sales orientation;
- Attention to details;
- Energetic attitude and ability to connect to the guest;
- Good public speaking skills is a must;
- STCW certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognized medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (71)
- Beauty Jobs (36)
- Casino Jobs (39)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine Jobs (152)
- Entertainment Jobs (145)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (424)
- Guest Services Jobs (69)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (117)
- Management Jobs (31)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Office Jobs (52)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (20)