Jewellery Assistant Manager
- MSC Cruises
- Retail Jobs
- Assistant Shop Manager, Jewelry Specialist
- May 13, 2023
The Jewelry Assistant Manager will provide leadership for the luxury retail shops to promote and model our high-end product as well our high quality retailing standards, continuously driving maximum sales results, excellent customer service, talent development, and engagement.
- Coaches sale associates to exceed guest service rating expectations and validate by actively managing guest feedback according to established procedures in a professional and timely manner. Establishes effective target and goal setting standards;
- In partnership with Retail Luxury Watches and Jewellery department in Geneva ensures an effective and accurate marketing plan is in place;
- Collaborates with Retail Luxury Watches and Jewellery department in Geneva to develop merchandising and marketing activities appropriate for the itinerary;
- Provides appropriate feedback to ensure that the sales associates are following set guest service process and merchandise upgrading techniques to meet the guest's needs, improve their shopping experience, increase opportunities for purchasing and maximizing sales;
- Is the Luxury Retail Representative at initial cruise meetings including: host meetings, staff presentation, daily event program, hosting and announcing all the luxury Jewels & watches offer brands and products;
- Organizes private viewing, special events, private sales for Yacht Club passengers;
- Organizes special selling events on board, viewing times, issuing invitations, liaising with On Board Director;
- Authorizes all merchandise received onboard and maintains inventory according to receiving policy and procedures;
- Ensures that merchandise is properly displayed and priced at all times;
- Supervises cash registers and is responsible for processing payments;
- Maintains proper performance documentation including detailed performance reviews, action plans, and corrective action;
- Complies with all procedures as provided by loss prevention.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to speak in public in English and in at least a second language between the following ones: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese , according the canvas of the ship destination;
- Ability to learn and transfer solid product knowledge;
- 2 years in the previous position in Luxury Jewelry & Watches or coming from a real competitor in the same position, at least . Previous experience on cruise lines is a plus;
- Strong PC Skills using Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.
Share this page: