IT Systems Manager Assistant
Under the supervision of the IT Systems Manager, the IT Systems Manager Assistant ensures a smooth running of all on board IT systems, as well as any other associated network and computer/peripherals.
- Works with all on board and ashore departments to ensures a smooth running of operations of all on board systems and networks;
- Performs maintenance of all IT systems;
- Ensures smooth running of all on board IT hardware, performing repairs;
- Ensures data reception/transmission to/from the ships, receives new cruises data, executes electronic surveys, LAN set-up, etc.;
- Is on call 24/7.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Experience and knowledge of: UNIX, MS Office 2003 and 2007, Win XP Pro, Win 2000 Pro and Server, Win2003, (Standard and Enterprise), Windows Server 2008, MS Office 2007;
- Experience in troubleshooting, basic hardware and printer repairs;
- Network management skills;
- Knowledge and previous experience of Fidelio Cruise and/or Micros systems;
- STCW certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (78)
- Beauty Jobs (47)
- Casino Jobs (27)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (62)
- Engine Jobs (166)
- Entertainment Jobs (132)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (559)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (98)
- Management Jobs (38)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (19)
- Retail Jobs (39)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (16)
- Other Jobs (35)