Assistant Waiter m/f
Be the Consummate Host by taking a personal interest in passengers, anticipating their needs, responding promptly and appropriately to their service requests, and maintaining and presenting food and beverage service areas with care so the team can provide a smooth and gracious dining experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Waiter to create a comfortable, elegant ambience by always preparing table settings and maintaining service stations in line with all Company standards.
- Assists the Waiter to deliver food and beverages as requested, in a timely manner, in the correct service order; follows up to ensure each passenger’s needs have been met and suggest solutions to any issues.
- Always clears and replenishes service items promptly, without direction, throughout service.
- Minimizes breakage, loss, and theft of service items by always handling equipment and supplies appropriately and with care.
- Provides a positive first impression to every passenger through a warm, welcoming individual greeting; always maintains a spotless and professional appearance.
- Nurtures a memorable connection with every passenger by always showing genuine interest during service and remaining fully engaged throughout the voyage.
- Always observes and identifies passengers’ preferences and adjusts service accordingly, anticipating passengers’ needs and offering appropriate responses without the customer having to ask.
- Demonstrates to every passenger that his or her satisfaction is our top priority by immediately acknowledging every request, responding promptly and effectively to resolve any service request or concern, and following up to ensure passenger satisfaction.
- Always leaves a positive last impression by providing a genuine and warm closing to the service.
Successful applicants should have at least two years’ experience in the hotel/fine dining restaurant as waiter or similar position. Must be knowledgeable of international food, wines and other beverages. Fluent English language skills, both oral and written and excellent customer service skills are essential.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 18 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
Princess offers a fast-paced work environment with great opportunities for career development in a wide range of areas. Our goal is to be the employer of choice in the cruise industry. Regardless of the rank or role, we are one team with one dream at Princess Cruises.
Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.