The Head Waiter assists the Assistant Maître D’Hôtel in supervising all food and beverage service operations, ensuring that the highest quality of service is maintained in the assigned area and that the staff follows MSC Cruises policies and procedures.
- Ensures all Waiters, Assistant Waiters and Buffet Staff work as a team in the assigned area;
- Carefully supervises the assigned section to ensure guests satisfaction;
- Effectively replaces Waiters if necessary in order to maintain service standards;
- Maximises revenue for food and beverage products;
- Oversees tables’ setting and ensures that all equipment is used correctly to avoid unnecessary damage;
- Ensures that the assigned areas comply with sanitation procedures;
- Monitors the restaurant’s inventory;
- Ensures that the staff is familiar with menu content, wine list, as well as food & wine pairing.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- High School certificate is an advantage;
- Experience within the same position in 4/5 star restaurant, hotel or resort is a strong advantage;
- Good management and organisation skills;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Passion about hospitality and customer service driven;
- Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
- STCW certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (108)
- Beauty Jobs (56)
- Casino Jobs (40)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (112)
- Engine Jobs (158)
- Entertainment Jobs (161)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (526)
- Guest Services Jobs (73)
- IT Jobs (7)
- Land Based Jobs (80)
- Management Jobs (26)
- Medical Jobs (27)
- Office Jobs (54)
- Photography Jobs (17)
- Retail Jobs (43)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (29)
- Other Jobs (31)