Elite Jewellery & Watch Specialist
Harding Retail are recruiting for our high-end luxury jewellery division on Cruise Ships. We are looking for driven individuals with a passion for jewellery and watches. This role is ideal for candidates who enjoy being rewarded for achieving targets.
We are seeking candidates with lots of personality and a natural ability to connect with Cruise ship guests. Previous experience in a one to one sales role, high end jewellery sales, high end watch sales and more than one successful contract on board a cruise is essential.
- Sales role within busy boutique on board a cruise ship selling jewellery and watches.
- Advising customers on all aspects of jewellery and diamonds and working with them to find beautiful Jewellery and watches as well as general jewellery.
- Liaising and networking with customers instore, out and about on the ship and on tour.
- Handling high value goods.
- Overseeing a for a team of sales associates and responsible for closing any sales they are involved in.
- Undertaking general front of house duties, housekeeping, merchandising and display.
- Providing customers with expert knowledge in the field of modern jewellery manufacturing and diamonds.
- Using a variety of tools to generate customer foot fall into the boutiques such as advertisements, having a strong TV presence, live talks and seminars and grand unveilings.
- Creating an outstanding customer experience.
- Booking in diamond viewing appointments and guiding customers through selections
- Generating advertising content, updating promotions and responding to customer feedback and reviews.
- Managing and organising stock control, using the stock management system and taking regular inventory.
- Meeting designated sales targets.
As a busy Cruise ship retail concessionaire, the sales role is varied and interesting. Experience of negotiation and sales within a luxury brand would be beneficial, as customers often walk in and require an investment of time and attention. Networking, connecting and confidence are therefore an important aspect of the role, as well as knowledge of travel, luxury retail, gemstones and Jewelry.
In return, successful candidates can benefit from a friendly working environment, meet interesting people, travel and future development opportunities. As well as great commission packages for both individual and team performance.
To apply, please send CV, with cover letter detailing suitability. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered, as this is a sales position. Please do not apply unless you can provide a cover letter.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4 years retail experience
- 1 contract shipboard experience
- Natural sales ability and flair for one to one communications.
- Able to qualify sales enquiries and leads within luxury environment
- Confident and dynamic, an excellent listener with lots of patience
- Good attention to detail, written and verbal
- Knowledge of diamonds, qualifications in Gemmology, Diamond Grading Diploma
- Proven sales track record in targeted role
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
At Harding Retail, we work in partnership with 20 of the world’s top cruise brands.
Founded on the Harding family name and trusted since 1930, we provide an on board retail shopping experience of the highest standards.
The Harding Retail portfolio includes over 250 shops on 62 cruise ships. As a premier on board retailer, our business focuses on our clients, the cruise lines, and their guests – our retail customers.
With offices in Bristol, Miami and Sydney, we are a worldwide business that embodies all that is exciting in the world of international travel and leisure.
We are proud of our long established history. The origins began nearly 200 years ago with Sam Edward Harding who started a butchers shop serving the community of Bristol. As a port city, there was a need to supply the many hundreds of ships that arrived each year and the business expanded into shipping supplies. In 1930, Harding Bros Ltd. was formed by Sam’s son, Percy, whose son, Michael, developed the company into one of the foremost suppliers of ships provisions in Europe.
In the late 1980’s, Michael’s son, Neil (the current President) developed the business and introduced shops on board cruise ships. Through a series of successful partnerships, the business has grown to operate on-board some of the world’s major cruise lines.
The desire to expand has been reinforced by the merger in November 2014 with Flemingo International, a fast growing global duty free and travel retailer. This merger will undoubtedly see Harding Retail take the next step in its rich history.
At Harding Retail we work with each of our cruise partners to develop onboard shops that meet the needs of a wide range of guests and passengers – from small boutiques to large multi-category open plan shops.
Each shop is designed for a truly exceptional shopping experience. Our shops are brand led, set in a contemporary environment and supported by our trained shop colleagues who are focused on delivering world class customer service.
Our proven experience and knowledge of cruise retail has been built through our strong client relationships and delivering successful commercial results.
Our professional and personal approach is reflected in our partnerships with many of the world’s top cruise brands, including P&O, Cunard, P&O Australia, Seabourn, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Regent, Oceania, Azamara, TUI, Viking, Thomson and Saga.
Harding Retail offers our customers a wide range of world class brands and exclusive merchandise including fine jewellery, watches, fashion, beauty and liquor, together with a selection of many essential items.
Our eye for newness and innovations illustrate our brand led approach, which is demonstrated by being the first to bring brands such as Michael Kors, Radley, Beaverbrooks and Carat London to sea.