Under the direction of the Captain, the Staff Captain is a senior officer in charge of the smooth operation of the ship, the coordination of all departments’ activities, welfare and discipline matters on board, in order to preserve the life and safety of the crew and guests.
- Is the Captain’s deputy and must be able to assume command of the vessel at any time;
- Is responsible, together with the Master, for the safety and life of every person on board;
- Calls and conducts all emergency drills for passengers and crewmembers;
- Supervises the organisation of passengers and crew embarkation and disembarkation;
- Ensures that international and port authorities’ health and safety standards are met;
- Is in charge of the adherence to the sanitation protocols and participates in inspections and sanitation emergencies;
- Monitors the ship’s certificates;
- At port arrival, controls the immigration, custom and border protection practices;
- Ensures the application of MLC2006 laws on board.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Master's degree or Polytechnic degree of technical ship operations;
- Certificate of Competency IMO II/2 + passengers ship familiarisation;
- Problem solving;
- Excellent management skills;
- Stress Tolerance;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (71)
- Beauty Jobs (36)
- Casino Jobs (39)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine Jobs (152)
- Entertainment Jobs (145)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (424)
- Guest Services Jobs (69)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (117)
- Management Jobs (31)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Office Jobs (52)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (20)