Cunard - Bartender
We are currently recruiting for Bartenders within the Bars department. You will be responsible for serving drinks to passengers & crew and ensuring a smooth and efficient operation and maximising revenue.
Our onboard outlets are some of the most luxurious at sea and you will be expected to keep the outlet neat and tidy at all times. You will be required to use and maintain all bar equipment correctly, reporting any repairs required promptly.
- Actively promoting bar campaigns by engaging with the guests.
- Assisting with controlling bar budget and ensuring that all products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost effective manner.
- Correctly entering guest bills into the relevant system, in a timely manner.
- Clear down routines after service, ensuring the appearance and condition of all items including glasses & bottles meet the required standards
- WSET Level 1 in Wines and Spirits / recognised bar qualification or equivalent preferred or relevant industry experience
- Experience of working within a 4 / 5 star high volume bar establishments with international clientele
- Previous experience of serving customers within a bar environment desirable
- Good command of written and spoken English
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the time that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities. Apply today to be considered.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.