It Manager - Ships Safety & Security Systems
The Carnival Maritime IT Department is looking for a talented professional to join the team as Ships Safety & Security Systems Manager. Carnival Maritime IT mission is developing and ensuring the smooth operation of the technological capabilities in all Maritime sectors for the entire Costa Group, aiming to achieve effectiveness and innovation in alignment with the brand’s operational and financial performance targets. The chosen candidate will report to the Marine Systems Director and will be responsible for managing systems and projects in the Safety & Security areas.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage all the project initiatives inside the Ships Safety & Security Area, managing also the Road Map and related Project Plans in scope; the systems in scope cover the onboard processes related to ship access, x-ray control, restricted area control (people counting, identification, evacuation)
- Collaborate with the Business Departments (Costa, Costa Asia, AIDA and Carnival Maritime) to collect requirements and priorities on initiatives
- Manage and coordinate internal & external Business Analysts and Project Managers reporting to the functions for achieving the objectives
- Maintain and follow the current solution for Gangaway transit, managing access control and Real Emergency- both on Costa and Aida vessels
- Interact with the software vendors managing the current systems in place
- Interface with the Change Manager both Costa and AIDA for the roll-out of the various releases accordingly with the plans
- Manage the Help Desk coordination and act as single point of contact for the four brands
Ideal for people who have:
- Successful experience in stakeholder management in complex environments (at least 5 years)
- Good team working attitude, leadership and influential skills
- Deep analytical skills and solid IT knowledge
- Successful experience in project management and proven negotiation and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of English, B2 level (any other language represents an appreciated skill)
- Knowledge of cutting-edge technology related to people counting, identification & tracking, face recognition would be an advantage Location: Italy, Genoa with availability for travelling on monthly basis.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?