Corporate Systems Manager
Purpose of Position
Viking Cruises is one of the world’s leading cruise line company that manages a fleet of 64 river ships and 5 ocean ships (and growing) with offices across the globe. We have our Marketing and Sales headquarters based in Los Angeles, USA and the Operational Head Quarters based out of Basel, Switzerland.
The IT Onboard Operations team guarantees a seamless operation of our fleet of River ships cruising in Europa, Asia and North Africa. The team manages the entire IT Infrastructure including, but not limited to, VSAT, TVRO, Network and WiFi infrastructure, iTV system, server and clients of various flavors.
As a Corporate Systems Manager, you will be responsible for a fleet of 8-14 River ships. Your main task will be the monitoring and maintenance of all IT systems, storage, network and related infrastructure aboard the vessel and the implementation of new hard- and software.
The Corporate Systems Manager reports to the Head of IT Onboard Operations. Starting date would be as soon as possible.
This role is based onboard our vessels in Europe with max. 15% Home Office.
- Perform daily operations as detailed in run books and other technical documents to be provided during training
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Verify that any back-up procedures are carried out and have been verified as successful in line with Viking Cruises IT policies
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other policies and procedures as instructed
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Maintain appropriate hardware inventory levels, ensure that all IT equipment is in good working condition, including PCs, printers, point of sale systems, servers and related hardware
- Provide basic user training and support in use of common PC software and specialized property management software as needed
- Monitor and support the satellite communication systems to ensure that the system is operating to optimum performance
- Associate degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years practical hands-on experience in a similar role, e.g. as Systems Manager
- Strong working knowledge of IT operating systems, especially Microsoft Windows Desktop, Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair PC and printer hardware
- Basic understanding of LAN and WLAN networking
- Hands-on experience installing hardware and software
- Experience with VMWare VSphere, Hyper-V and XenDesktop preferred
- Must be organized and analytical
- Excellent time management
- Excellent attitude and interpersonal skills
- Follow directives of onboard management to adhere to all behavioral, safety and other rules for crew members and keep onboard management informed of any IT issues and policies that affect shipboard operations in their areas of responsibility
- Comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders and working autonomously
- Can-do mindset, excited about driving change in a fast-paced environment
- Loves to be the go-to person for our guests and the internal clients
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website, including a cover letter (one page, introducing yourself and outlining why you are interested in the role) as well as your CV and relevant references.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.