GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family.
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 15 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Norwegian offers unique and exciting itineraries in all areas of the world, including The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, Europe, South America, Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, Asia, Australia and New Zealand Recently, Norwegian was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. What are you waiting for? A shipboard career with Norwegian Cruise Line can take you Aboard and Beyond!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Barista is responsible for preparing quality beverages according to standard recipes and serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each guest. He/she is also responsible for educating external and internal guests about our premium coffees and teas.
- Educates guests by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and teas by explaining differences in coffee beans, teas.
- Prepares and sells drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Responsible for ensuring that company standards of service for beverages other than tea and coffee are being followed and that the standard drink recipes, including proper garnishes, are adhered to.
- Helps to resolve in a satisfactory and proactive manner all service and product deficiencies and follows up on guest comments and/or concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of six months of work experience in a specialty coffee/tea store or other related experience is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic to Intermediate skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, POS, Micros).
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Certification from the American Barista & Coffee School or equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Continuous education in beverage courses from a recognized educational institution is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have an energetic and outgoing personality.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (152)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (42)
- Child Care Jobs (32)
- Deck Jobs (94)
- Engine Jobs (181)
- Entertainment Jobs (157)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (677)
- Guest Services Jobs (88)
- IT Jobs (13)
- Land Based Jobs (102)
- Management Jobs (48)
- Medical Jobs (27)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (40)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (47)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (21)
- Other Jobs (25)