The 3rd Engineer is primarily a watch keeping officer in full charge of the watch and in the maintenance and operation of the yachts diesel generators and Reverse osmosis plants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily run a safe and efficient engine room watch
- Completed and filed the company engine room Familiarization form.
- Be able to operate the yachts Jacuzzi and swimming pool equipment which is also under his charge.
- Be able to operate and maintain the yachts reverse Osmosis plants.
- Understand all the yachts systems and be able to operate all the equipment effectively and efficiently in the engine room.
- Understand and comply with the company SEMS.
- Knows and understands the rules and regulations of yacht operations with regard to SOLAS and MARPOL.
- Report defects and problems in the engine room to the Second and Chief engineer in a timely fashion.
- Take instructions from the Second Engineer for the efficient operation of the Engine room in the Chief Engineers absence.
- Follow the Chief Engineers standing orders.
- Accurately complete the Engine room log book and oil record books.
- Ensure that his work area is kept clean and leak free.
- Keep good open communications with the deck officer on watch.
- Understand the company safety and environmental policy.
- Understand the correct use of MSDS sheets
- Maintain and operate the three diesel generators on board and follow the AMOS maintenance schedule for such.
- Be ready to assist the other watch keeping officers in their duties.
- Perform an efficient and accurate watch handover at the end of his duty period.
- Regularly update the AMOS data base with work done and suggesting corrective changes to the database where needed to keep it up to date.
- Assist where necessary in taking fuel oil, lube oil and fresh water bunkers.
- Be able during his watch to monitor and adjust when required the Chilled water temperature.
- Diagnose faults in the engine room systems with regards to efficiency and guest satisfaction.
(ie, excessive noise, Hot and Cold water and Vacuum system)
- Be aware and able to complete the correct forms and follow the correct procedures to allow hot work during his watch.
- Assist and guide the Machinist and Firemen greasers that are available during his watch.
- Be able to take over the fourth Engineer role should it become operationally necessary.
- Perform stock inventory checks for his equipment and make requisitions for needed spares which can be presented to the Chief engineer for ordering.
- Assist shore side staff with the overhaul of the Diesel generators and turbo Chargers.
- Be ready to assist other watch keeping officers in their duties.
- Perform an efficient and accurate handover at the end of his watch period.
- At the end of his contract should ensure a full written handover to his relief including giving information on ongoing projects and goals.
- Performs and manages other duties as assigned.
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training
- STCW CPSC
- STCW AFF
- STCW Crisis Management & Human Behavior
- Certificate of Competency suitable to the rank and yacht.
- Must have good communication skills in English and also the ability to relate to guests and employees at all levels and all departments.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The environment will sometimes be hot and noisy and with this he must be able to use the correct PPE equipment available for working in such conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (55)
- Restaurant Jobs (27)
- Beverages Jobs (12)
- Provisions Jobs (2)
- Deck Jobs (9)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (11)
- Guest Services Jobs (14)
- Retail Jobs (12)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (33)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (15)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (14)
- Medical Jobs (9)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (1)
- Casino Jobs (1)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (1)
- Administration Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (5)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (9)