The Chief Electrician is responsible for the entire electrical aspects of the yacht. Taking responsibility for the preventative and corrective maintenance required for the entire electrical and distribution systems on board.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the uninterrupted working condition of all the propulsion motors, diesel generators, pumps, compressors, steering, hotel, galley, deck and electrical and electronic equipment on
board the yacht.
- Understand and be able to operate all the electrical systems on board.
- Liaise directly with the Chief Engineer regarding the day to day operations of the yacht, ensuring safety and compliance whilst giving the guests full satisfaction in their cruise.
- Ensures that the yacht carries sufficient spare parts and consumable materials to keep the yacht running smoothly from an electrical standpoint.
- Completes and monitor the Amos W maintenance system and ensures that they and their Assistant electrician keep the data base up to date.
- Promote good housekeeping within themselves and their assistant and the safe and efficient use of tools and equipment.
- Ensure that the wiring on board is kept to the industry standard.
- Ensure that both they and their assistant follow the company SEMS
- Be totally environmentally aware and promote this awareness throughout their staff.
- At the end of their contract should ensure a full written handover to their relief including giving information on ongoing projects and goals.
- Follow the correct lock out and tag out of electrical equipment.
- Be able to respond to a guest related problem promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure that all their work places are kept clean and tidy.
- Understand the company safety and environmental policy.
- Understand the correct use of MSDS sheets
- Ensure that they are dressed in the appropriate uniform when working in guest areas.
- Also performs and manages other duties as assigned
- Will not allow sub-standard wiring onboard and will correct it where found
- STCW 4 part Basic Training
- Recognized Electrical training and experience
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to relate to guests and employees at all levels.
- Must have ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a highly diverse environment and able to execute operational imperatives in a swift
and demanding environment.
- Must have good communication skills in English and also the ability to relate to guests and employees at all levels and all departments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Will have to work in a hot and noisy environment and use the correct PPE for such.
- Ability to work a loft (mast) when required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
May be required to move and lift heavy objects, weight over 40 pounds will require the use of the correct lifting equipment.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (46)
- Restaurant Jobs (18)
- Beverages Jobs (9)
- Provisions Jobs (5)
- Deck Jobs (20)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (40)
- Guest Services Jobs (10)
- Retail Jobs (7)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (14)
- Child Care Jobs (3)
- Entertainment Jobs (14)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (3)
- Medical Jobs (16)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (3)
- Casino Jobs (1)
- IT Jobs (1)
- Management Jobs (5)
- Administration Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (3)
- Private Estate Jobs (6)