Chef de Partie (CDP)
Summary: The Chef De Partie (CDP) is responsible for supporting the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef in the galley delivering consistently high-quality food, handle purchase orders and ensures that ingredients orders are authorized. Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by Windstar Cruises.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors and the Corporate Executive Chef to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Organizes working schedules and monitors performance of staff in his/her work area.
- Responsible to supervise Demi-Chef de parties and Assistant Cooks.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensures that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality and standards at all times.
- Ensures highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Has knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
Is fully aware of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production, preparation and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports of malfunctioning.
- Ensures effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishes and maintains effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Has excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with the Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef on daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Checks set-ups of buffets and other events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Sets an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assesses quality control and adheres to hotels service standards.
- Participates in loading of products.
- Checks requisitions and receiving of goods in the galley.
- Attends pre- and post-dinner briefings.
- Carries out any other duties as required by management.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
Hotel Management Graduate or Culinary Degree with minimum 3 years certification or at least 3 years’ experience cooking in well-established restaurants/full-service hotel and/or 5 star cruise line.
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training
- PSCRB Certificate
- Valid Seafarers Medical
- Must pass a security background check
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to the yachts and extended stay up to 7 months on board is required. Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during traveling periods and during periods of daily activities.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (58)
- Restaurant Jobs (28)
- Beverages Jobs (13)
- Provisions Jobs (2)
- Deck Jobs (10)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (15)
- Guest Services Jobs (16)
- Retail Jobs (12)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (33)
- Child Care Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (13)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (14)
- Medical Jobs (9)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (1)
- Casino Jobs (1)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (1)
- Administration Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (5)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (9)