Shore Excursion/Destinations Trainer
At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offer a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently actively seeking a passionate and well experienced Shore Excursion/Destination Trainer to work in the Holland and America Group (Seabourn, Princess and Holland & America Cruise Lines).
Core functions consist of, but not limited to:
- Maximize sales and customer service experience by determining training needs and implementing fleet-wide plans to increase revenue across the Holland America Group brands.
- Determine training needs of onboard Shore Excursion staff by observing sales interactions and reviewing of sales results reports. Establish smart action plans with the Shorex/Destination Managers.
- Evaluate shore excursion processes, procedures and policies to identify where improvement modifications are needed.
- Lead and organize speech and presentation skills training. Public speaking strengths are a must.
- Improve training effectiveness by applying new approaches and techniques to specific job applications and routine job functions. Document sales strategies implemented and provide monthly summary of results.
- Monitor budget results for each ship and implement improvements while providing documented observations on staff behaviors.
- Conduct computer and mobile applications training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flow and reports; understand job-specific functions and tasks.
- Determine system utilization requirements by troubleshooting and testing onboard systems in conjunction with shore side IT staff.
- Develop and implement training programs which facilitate product tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving.
- Conduct training classes by presenting job-specific, company-specific and generic software applications.
- Work with the Onboard Shorex Manager on the orientation process of new staff by conducting training in the sales process, developing individual coaching plans and providing resources and assistance.
- At least 3 years of training or management experience in the travel industry preferred.
- Knowledge of cruise line operations and shipboard shore excursion operations
- Proficiency in all Microsoft programs
- Management experience required
- US residency preferred
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!