In line with Company guidelines, the Sous Chef ensures high standards of food production and presentation, including portion and quality control.
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation as instructed by the Executive Chef;
- Ensures compliance with all USPHS protocols for food handlers and HACCP regulations;
- Ensures all activities and dishes are prepared in precise accordance with recipes, pictures and manuals;
- Is responsible for the preparation of the all special dietary requirements;
- Provides continuous training and leadership and instructs of how to keep the working areas clean and sanitary;
- Participates to meetings as required: sanitation briefings, food production meetings, etc;
- Prepares necessary reports and provides feedback for improvements to the Executive Chef.
- Fluent English. Knowledge of any other language is an advantage;
- Graduated from a hotel school;
- Certified in Food Safety (Equivalent to Food Safety Professional Certificate or Diploma);
- Sound knowledge of MSC Sanitation and HACCP standards;
- At least 2 years' experience as Sous Chef or at least 3 years' experience as 1st Cook Chef de Partie in the cruise line or an international 5-star Hotel or similar major resort;
- Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team;
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures;
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management;
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy;
- STCW certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (71)
- Beauty Jobs (36)
- Casino Jobs (39)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine Jobs (152)
- Entertainment Jobs (145)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (424)
- Guest Services Jobs (69)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (117)
- Management Jobs (31)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Office Jobs (52)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (20)