Conducts gaming table games such as Blackjack, Dice, Roulette, or Caribbean Stud Poker and other related table games in the shipboard Casino by performing the following duties.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Proof of completion of Gaming Board and/or Commission approved dealer school or international equivalency.
- Two years dealer experience conducting Blackjack, Dice, American Roulette, Caribbean Stud Poker, and various other casino games.
- Ability to rapidly discern the numbers on dice, cards, wheels, etc., and determine the outcome of the game.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard crew to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time. Maker or related programs. Completion of high school or GED required; university degree preferred.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Accommodation Jobs (87)
- Beauty Jobs (65)
- Casino Jobs (40)
- Child Care Jobs (33)
- Deck Jobs (51)
- Engine Jobs (99)
- Entertainment Jobs (123)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (565)
- Guest Services Jobs (93)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Land Based Jobs (85)
- Management Jobs (34)
- Medical Jobs (18)
- Office Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (21)
- Retail Jobs (43)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (18)
- Other Jobs (10)