Motorman - NCL Holdings
Responsible for Engine Room operation and maintenance and repairs as directed by the First Engineer. Primarily cleaning, chipping, painting and maintaining the ships running machinery in the engine room.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Performs maintenance works, duties and tasks as directed by the First Engineer.
- Becomes part of the engine watch, if necessary, answering directly to the officer in charge of the watch.
- While on engine watch, performs duties and job according to company's standing orders as directed/instructed by the officer in charge of the watch.
- Maintain a high work moral and inspire others to work safely, effectively and employ proper work methods.
- Clean, rust scale and paint the various vessels' inside/enclosed spaces.
- Maintain all of the ship’s running machinery.
- Participate in all jobs and tasks in connection with safety of vessel and/or persons and/or environment as directed by the person in charge.
- Be familiar with the Safety Management System including applicable responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures applicable for subject position.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Minimum of six (6) months prior experience working with heavy machinery is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Able Seafarer Engine Certificate STCW III/5
- Highschool diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Technical/mechanical education from an accredited vocational education institution is preferred.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (85)
- Beauty Jobs (47)
- Casino Jobs (26)
- Child Care Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (44)
- Engine Jobs (124)
- Entertainment Jobs (144)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (579)
- Guest Services Jobs (73)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (104)
- Management Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (15)
- Office Jobs (58)
- Photography Jobs (16)
- Retail Jobs (40)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (42)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (16)
- Other Jobs (26)