Cruise Director (Entertainment Manager)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Entertainment Manager on board our P&O ships. Join us and you will discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life. As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular P&O ships all over the world. One of the main attractions for our guests is our world-class entertainment, and the Entertainment Manager leads the Entertainment Department on board and you will be the one ensuring we provide exceptional entertainment for our guests.
Are you someone who is adaptable at delivering a variety of activities in an ever-changing environment? Do you express yourself easily and are good at explaining things clearly to your team and to all guests? Are you composed under pressure and organised so that you are able to respond quickly and calmly to changes? Do you love to make a difference and deliver an exceptional service to all guests to ensure unforgettable holiday happiness?
The role of Entertainment Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and hosting events on board.
- Planning the use of public spaces and ensuring guests are up to date with the entertainment schedule.
- Overseeing and reviewing the effective planning of the entertainment programme on board for past and future cruises. Liaise with head office to understand that requirements are fulfilled.
- Managing a large team of up to 50 people. Conducting appraisals, identifying development opportunities and providing support to managers and supervisors in your department.
- Support the Youth Manager to develop the family entertainment programme and ensure compliance with safeguarding policies.
- Support the Production Manager and Musical Director to ensure that guest entertainers are ready to perform.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with guest entertainers and production cast.
- Attend revenue, budget and itinerary meetings with relevant Heads of Department to enable effective future planning and helping to achieve onboard revenue targets.
If this sounds like you, and you have experience of:
- Delivering entertainment programmes either in a UK holiday setting or an overseas resort
- Working within the Entertainment on board another cruise ship
- Managing a large team
- Knowledge of safeguarding roles
- Experience or knowledge of variety of entertainment departments including product and youth
- Proven experience of working collaboratively to achieve demanding targets
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O Cruise’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
We are currently recruiting for our Talent Pools to fill anticipated roles in 2019 and beyond. Please note that throughout the Recruitment & On boarding process you may not be advised of a start date. If you are successful, sufficient notice will be provided when we have a ship and start date for you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship and in a 4/5* Hotel or Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.