Executive Chef on board one of the company's luxurious River Cruise ship that sails along the European Rivers. We consider the Executive Chef as one of the most important person on board the River Cruise Ship. As Executive Chef you will responsible for the highest quality, preparation and service of the food on board to guarantee a maximum satisfaction of the guests. You will manage, motivate and train the kitchen employees and, together with the Corporate Executive Chef, you implement all updated recipes. Besides, you are responsible the hygiene and tidiness in the galley area. You will be reporting directly to the Corporate Hotel Manager.
- Responsible for the preparation of food according to the standards and quality levels set by the Company at all times
- Follows and develops all cooks and recognizes future galley personnel for their development in future courses.
- Ensuring that quality dishes are served on schedule
- Prepares or assigns preparation of work schedules of all employees according to guidelines of the kitchen organization.
- In conjunction with the Hotel Manager, assists in preparing the order for quantity and quality of provisions that are taken aboard at the various ports of call, including the home port.
- Modifying and creating new menus when needed in co-operation with the Corporate Executive Chef
- Ensuring that all the lower level chefs are working to standards and provide training when required
- Makes targets of food costs within given budget.
- Correctly managing theinventory
- Proceeding with performance evaluations when required
- Ensuring proper equipment operation/maintenance and proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- At least three years of Hotel experience in a comparable position
- At least one year of River Cruise Ship experience in a comparable position
- Excellent English speaking skills
- Culinary or Hospitality degree
- A flexible and motivated team player and a high degree of social competence
- Management and organisational skills
- Friendly appearance
- Stress resistant and ability to work under pressure
- A challenging job in a management level position
- Competitive Salary paid Net with Bonuses
- Seasonal contract
- 4 vacation days per month
- Free medical coverage
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses to/from the ship
- Single cabin facilities provided
- Free meals
- Accommodation Jobs (192)
- Beauty Jobs (60)
- Casino Jobs (34)
- Child Care Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (98)
- Engine Jobs (126)
- Entertainment Jobs (114)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (727)
- Guest Services Jobs (94)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (126)
- Management Jobs (55)
- Medical Jobs (28)
- Office Jobs (89)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (37)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (25)
- Other Jobs (14)