GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and committed being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 51-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 15 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Norwegian offers unique and exciting itineraries in all areas of the world, including The Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera, Hawaii, Europe, South America, Canada & New England, Panama Canal, Alaska, Asia, Australia and New Zealand Recently, Norwegian was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. What are you waiting for? A shipboard career with Norwegian Cruise Line can take you Aboard and Beyond!
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Doctor is to provide medical services to all crewmembers and, when required, guests. The Doctor shall assist the Staff Captain and Senior Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and company policies.
- Serves as advisor to the Master and Staff Captain on all matters related to Medical Center services, Guest, and Crewmember health matters and hygienic conditions onboard the vessel.
- To be present during all clinic hours. Supervises and provides competent medical care to both Crewmembers and Guests as required, keeping the Master and Staff Captain advised of all matters of consequence.
- Oversee inventory of medical supplies and monitors hospital budget. The Doctor, together with the rest of the medical team, is responsible for the annual budgeting of the Medical Center’s consumable supplies and medications.
- Maintains a confidential relationship between doctor and patient. However, if the Doctor suspects a serious contagious illness which could affect the well-being of others, the Doctor will report directly to the Staff Captain and Medical Director.
- Oversee the administration and safekeeping of all medications and drugs in accordance with regulations and Company policy. At least once a month or when there is a change in medical staff, a drug count shall be held, which the Staff Captain shall be present to verify.
- Is familiar with the Safety Management System (SMS), including the responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill. The Doctor shall be actively involved in the implementation and administration of SMS as required by the position and company policy.
- Participates in inspections of the galley and food handling areas and provides expert assistance in regards to sanitation and compliance with USPH and CDC regulations.
- The Doctor shall stay in close contact with the Medical Director as necessary and for all medically related methods and practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Three years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after completion of a recognized Medical training program is required.
- One year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- One year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required
- Medical Degree from a recognized College or University is required.
- Active, current medical license in good standing in Country or State/Province of origin is required.
- Completion of a recognized Medical specialty training program is required, in at least one of the following: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, or General Surgery.
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within one year of application, with renewal of Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification every two years from a recognized educational institution is required.
- Certification in Pedriatic Advance Life Support (PALS) within one year of application with renewal of PALS certification every two years from a recognized educational institution is required.
- Certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) within one year of application with renewal of ATLS certification every four years from a recognized educational institution is required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (68)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (18)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Deck Jobs (40)
- Engine Jobs (95)
- Entertainment Jobs (113)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (468)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (5)
- Land Based Jobs (115)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (56)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (46)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (32)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (15)
- Other Jobs (16)