Junior Waiter (Japanese speaking)
As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular ships all over the world. We are looking for Japanese speaking Junior Waiters join our ships in various different positions onboard, join us and you’ll discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It’s a way of life, you’ll visit different places, explore new worlds and gain experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Are you a thoughtful team player who does what you say you will do? Are you someone who can be relied on by your colleagues? Do you use you initiative each day to ensure that you go over and above your daily tasks? Are you charismatic and a strong communicator who can deal with our international guests? We are currently recruiting for Japanese speaking Junior Waiters within the restaurant department on board the world-renowned Cunard cruise ships. Responsible for a dedicated area of the restaurant department you will part of all service periods and ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
The key responsibilities for our Japanese speaking Junior Waiters include:
- Keep the restaurant and buffet tables clean and maintain the overall look of the restaurant to the high expected standards.
- Clear tables after service and ensure they are clean in time for the next guests’ service.
- Ensure all cutlery, cups and glasses are restocked and there is enough available throughout the service, informing the Head Waiter of any items or fixtures that need renewal.
- Take dirty dishes and trays to the galley, keeping the restaurant clear of debris.
- Take passenger room service food orders over the phone.
- Deliver and collect room service orders to and from guest cabins, in a timely manner.
- Engage with the passengers in a friendly and polite manner, responding to requests appropriately.
- Keep service areas clean and tidy at all times and follow restaurant cleaning schedules.
- Additional responsibilities will also involve assisting with the meet and greet of the passengers on embarkation / disembarkation days.
If this sounds like you, and you have the following experience, then we would love to hear from you:
- working in a 4/5 Star Restaurant or Hotel.
- experience of delivering exceptional customer service
- ability to communicate effectively and fluently in English & Japanese
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of Carnival UK’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, Japanese
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.