Bar Waiter – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the finest private mega yacht at sea. We offer the best of the best at every level of our organization. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do.
The Bar Waiter is responsible for providing beverage service in accordance with the company standards in bars, lounges, public areas and Officer’s Bar.
- Exceed expectations of beverage services by providing prompt, attentive, consistent and courteous service to all Residents and Guests in the assigned workstation
- Communicates with Residents and Guests in a friendly and professional manner and strives to exceed their expectations of service at all times
- Acknowledge Resident’s preferences and ensure all changes are communicated to the team.
- Responsible for manning the beverage station during tendering service and ensuring it is continually stocked, set and prepared to meet the daily business demands
- Ensure that all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), SMS, safety and environmental regulations.
- Assists with the set up and breakdown of bars and/or beverage station for special events, parties and functions.
- Actively supports the goals for the department as well as the company as a whole to ensure high quality and consistent service; Implement new policies and company initiatives as assigned.
- Must be willing and able to assist with other job functions as required when dictated by business
- Minimum two years of experience as a Cocktail Waiter/ess or Bar/Wine Waiter/ess on an ultra-luxury
- Knowledge of American and International Bar and Wine service as well as an in-depth knowledge of Old and New World Wines, Spirits and Beers
- Wine Certification by a recognized International Institution preferred
- Mixology Certification by a recognized International Institution preferred cruise ship, private club, boutique hotel, ultra-luxury hotel or resort
- One or more additional language preferred
- To speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, state of the art bicycles and outside seating deck.
At The World we are one team, we are always passionate and caring and we support one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship and in a 4/5* Hotel or Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (68)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (18)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Deck Jobs (40)
- Engine Jobs (95)
- Entertainment Jobs (113)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (468)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (5)
- Land Based Jobs (115)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (56)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (46)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (32)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (15)
- Other Jobs (16)