Specialty Restaurants Head of Department
This position plays a key role in ensuring a memorable culinary experience for our guests, preparing all food items according to the company standards of service and observing the highest sanitation level.
Our Department Head positions are: Fine Dining & Steak House, Sushi, Teppanyaki.
- Works in compliance with the company operating standards and follows the Public Health and food safety procedures;•Ensures high quality and sanitation standards of food preparation;
- Ensures the consistency, quality, and quantity of culinary production;
- Prepares food ingredients to deliver quality cuisine ensuring guests finest culinary experience;
- Understands, follows, measures and mixes ingredients according to various recipes;
- Applies different cooking methods, ensures proper portions on all plates;
- Supervises the operations in the overall Kitchen for the Outlet;
- Is responsible for the stock control and inventory;
- Coaches , trains and motivates the team members to reach departmental goals;
- Implements best management practices and facilitate good communication workflow;
- Handles guests complains timely, in a professional and accurate manner, according to the company brand.
- Fluent English, oral and written skills. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- High school diploma (or basic education equivalency), culinary school degree and Food Safety certificate (Equivalent to Food Safety Professional Certificate or Diploma);
- Minimum 5 years previous experience of which 2 in managerial roles, in cruise line or an international 5-star Hotel or similar major resort, or fine dining restaurant are mandatory;
- Great knowledge of HACCP, USPH and Sanitation standards;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures;
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions;
- Team management and conflicts resolutions;
- Good communication skills and customer care.
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining) and seaman book (if any);
- STCW/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it's compulsory before joining the vessel;•Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it's mandatory before joining the vessel;
- Criminal record (mandatory prior embarkation schedule).
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (111)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (36)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (85)
- Engine Jobs (181)
- Entertainment Jobs (164)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (521)
- Guest Services Jobs (85)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (73)
- Management Jobs (32)
- Medical Jobs (23)
- Office Jobs (64)
- Photography Jobs (16)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (36)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (26)
- Other Jobs (23)