This position is responsible to create the best culinary experience for the guests, offering them an outstanding service, through the preparation of a large variety of international menus. Our chefs positions are: Chef de partie (Gardemanger, Entremetterie, Rotisserie, Breakfast/Poissonnerie, saucierie), Chef sushi, Sous-Chef.
- Works in compliance with the company operating standards and follows the Public Health and food safety procedures;
- Supervises the food display, ensures that food is properly stored, sets up the work stations and keeps it clean at all times;
- Prepares weekly schedule for their staff (special duties, cleaning, etc.) and ensures their grooming (i.e. hygiene, uniforms);
- Is responsible for the stock control and inventory;
- Supervises team members performance;
- Coaches , trains and motivates the team members to reach departmental goals.
- Fluent English, oral and written skills. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- High school diploma (or basic education equivalency), culinary school degree and Food Safety certificate (Equivalent to Food Safety Professional Certificate or Diploma);
- Great knowledge of HACCP, USPH and Sanitation standards;
- At last 5 years' experience in a similar managerial role in cruise line;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions;
- Multitasking and ability in handling a high quality and high volume of culinary operations;
- Team management and conflicts resolutions;
- Good communication skills and customer care.
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it's compulsory before joining the vessel;•Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it's mandatory before joining the vessel;
- Criminal record (mandatory prior embarkation schedule).
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (54)
- Galley Jobs (120)
- Restaurant Jobs (50)
- Beverages Jobs (31)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (34)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (57)
- Guest Services Jobs (41)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (30)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (65)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (17)
- Medical Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (12)
- Casino Jobs (3)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (18)
- Administration Jobs (33)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (9)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)