Head of Pastry and Bakery
This position is responsible to create the best culinary experience in terms of quality and presentation of delicious bread and pastry assortments for our guests. Our pastry and bakery roles are: Chef Pastry, Chef Baker.
- Works in compliance with the company Operating standards and follows the Public Health and food safety procedures;
- Prepares the daily food forecast and requisitions;
- Is responsible for the stock control and inventory;
- Follows company recipes;
- Maintains cleans and looks after all equipment in the assigned station;
- Identifies potential expense reductions through cost control and accurate requisitions;
- Supervises and evaluates team members performance;
- Coaches , trains and motivates the team members to reach departmental goals.
- Fluent English, oral and written skills. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- High school diploma (or basic education equivalency), culinary school degree and Food Safety certificate (Equivalent to Food Safety Professional Certificate or Diploma);
- Great knowledge of HACCP, USPH and Sanitation standards;
- At last 5 years' experience in a similar managerial role in cruise line;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions;
- Multitasking and ability in handling a high quality and high volume of culinary operations;
- Team management and conflicts resolutions;
- Good communication skills and customer care.
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining) and seaman book (if any);
- STCW/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility, security awareness, passengers ship familiarization) it's compulsory before joining the vessel;
- Good Health declaration (released by a recognized MLC doctor) it's mandatory before joining the vessel;
- Criminal record (mandatory prior embarkation schedule).
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (110)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (36)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (85)
- Engine Jobs (179)
- Entertainment Jobs (164)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (520)
- Guest Services Jobs (85)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (73)
- Management Jobs (32)
- Medical Jobs (23)
- Office Jobs (64)
- Photography Jobs (16)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (36)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (26)
- Other Jobs (23)