In accordance with the department policies and under the supervision of the Doctor, the Nurse have exceptional skills and knowledge and have a passion in providing a high quality and level of nursing care and service for guests and crewmembers at the medical facility on board..
- Ensure safe and high-quality patient care that is in line with MSC Cruises values and policies.
- Ability to work part of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure best care for patients.
- Maintain a positive workplace culture.
- Be supportive and promote ongoing learning and education for allstaff in the unit.
- Actively participate in quality improvement projects for the source
- Maintains the Medical Centre in a permanent state of sanitary cleanliness;
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications/medical supplies/ equipment;
- Performs water analysis and testing, following the standard procedure;
- Performs quick tests and examination if required and in accordance with Doctor’s instructions;
- Operates shore side first-aid service in ports where guests and/or crew may not have access to regular emergency services.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Internationally recognized University degree: Bachelor’s in nursing,
- At least 5 years of Nursing Practice, and at least 3 years in post grad certification in Emergency/ Intensive Cardiovascular or Coronary Care/ Intensive/ Critical Care units
- At least 1-year At least one year of ACLS clinical interventions
- At least 1-year performing & clinical interventions with PALS and ATLS
- Holds a current Practicing Registration;
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role at sea is an advantage;
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Life Support or an equivalent certification;
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support or an equivalent certification;
- Advanced Trauma Life Support or an equivalent certification;
- Sexual Assault training valid for International standards (CVSA);
- Solid experience in advanced care medical equipment e.g.: defibrillators, ventilators, patient monitors, sterilizers, etc.;
- Ability to perform electrocardiograms with basic interpretation.;
- Fully competent and able to perform procedures such as administering drugs, phlebotomy, venipuncture, wound treatment, etc.;
- Fundamental knowledge of all Sanitation Standards relating to medical requirements;
- Sound knowledge of responsibilities in relation to food, water and air safety;
- Strong team player;
- Provide a high standard of professionalism and customer service;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- STCW certification is compulsory (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (106)
- Beauty Jobs (56)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (24)
- Deck Jobs (115)
- Engine Jobs (166)
- Entertainment Jobs (150)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (516)
- Guest Services Jobs (79)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (74)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (58)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Retail Jobs (42)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (30)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (26)