Guest Services Director
The Guest Service Director is responsible for the entire Guest Services and Customer Relations operation including the day to day running of reception, Guest embarkation and disembarkation, cabin changes, lost luggage, future cruises and shore excursions.
The Guest Services Director is the Saga Cruises ambassador, ensuring all Guests have the most memorable cruise by being their primary contact during their stay.
They are the main point of communication between guests and the shoreside office in ensuring all queries, feedback and any issues are handled in a professional and efficient manner.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually develop and implement original and fresh techniques to enhance the guest service onboard.
- Utilizes Guest feedback and ratings to establish a positive culture throughout the guest services team.
- Responsible for coordinating guest requests received pre-cruise and during.
- Supports the Front office and desk staff with queries from guests and takes control of issues with guests when escalated.
- Owner of empty cabin stock and facilitates use of this in resolving guest complaints or generating revenue.
- Keeps and maintains accurate records of discussions/correspondence with guests and communicates all complaints onboard to shore-side management.
- Monitors all Front of House staff, ensuring a high level of service is delivered at all times.
- Co-ordinates with sub-department heads on opening hours in all public and crew areas and for adherence to all events onboard as per the daily programme following approval from the Hotel General Manager.
- Monitors work and rest hours and attendance for all front of house staff ensuring they meet MLC regulations.
- Manages Finance Officer Days & Nights roles and provides assistance as and when required.
- Overall control of ship financial operation, reporting and statistics and internal auditing as required.
- Maintains ship’s funds and cash availability.
- Supports the Clearance Officer and overall responsibility for the vessels Customs and Immigration clearances along with ship’s documentation when entering/leaving Port.
- Oversees the undertaking of Guest debarkation and embarkation process.
- Prepare appraisals for individuals under their remit in accordance with policies.
- Attends passenger functions as required by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept, and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
- Lead and Motivate using the Saga Leadership Model.
- Ensure the ‘Saga Way’ is delivered each and every day.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Front of House Management role.
- Financial background, skills in accounting and administration.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating, leading and engaging a diverse workforce to increase synergy and improve productivity.
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (56)
- Beauty Jobs (49)
- Casino Jobs (10)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (39)
- Engine Jobs (102)
- Entertainment Jobs (141)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (372)
- Guest Services Jobs (65)
- IT Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (163)
- Management Jobs (30)
- Medical Jobs (15)
- Office Jobs (44)
- Photography Jobs (18)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (25)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (11)
- Other Jobs (14)