2nd Crew Purser
Excellent written and verbal English. Fidelio Cruise, Microsoft word and excel. An ability to learn and use ships and shore side booking programs. Customer facing experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare port papers for clearance.
- Embarkation and disembarkation arrangements for guests.
- Update passenger movement in Fidelio.
- Passport control and distribution for guests.
- Update guest manifests throughout the cruise.
- Prepare guest questionnaires.
- Take the minutes of various meetings.
- Secretarial work for the Hotel Director.
- Soul Count and Traffic Reports for all guest and crew movement.
- Order office stationery for admin areas.
- Maintain photo display of Senior Officers when necessary.
- Gather the Voyage Reports.
- Provide any relevant information received from Head Office regarding future cruises, i.e. guest manifest, birthday list, special requests, cabin changes, etc.
- Family visit applications.
- Prepare Britannia Club members’ cards/envelopes.
- Create and send non-paying guest list.
- Deal with disembarkation queries from guests and lecturers.
- Update and distribute on-board telephone directory.
- Update emergency folder with new manifests.
- Assist with shore party duties during tender operations.
- Tasks given by the Hotel Director or Chief Purser.
- Promote Saga Cruise products and brands on-board their vessels by means of attending cocktail parties and in general interaction with guests.
- Be a mentor and assist in supervising both new and present reception staff
- Be an ambassador using the “buddy” system with new hires
Incorporate SAGA standards and the “Saga way” of behaviour into your work in the areas of:
- Uphold Saga grooming and uniform standards
- Anticipate Guest needs
- Ensure Guests’ requests and needs are handled promptly and as per Saga Standards
- Assist Guests whenever required or requested
- Handle Guest complaints professionally and resolving issues promptly
- Improve the Guest experience by delivering prompt, efficient and quality service
Socially and professionally:
- Maintain positive relationships with colleagues
- Respect the privacy and rights of colleagues
- Respect the contribution of all colleagues
- Promote cooperation and team work
- Training assistance and mentorship for new crew members
- Safe professional and personal practices
- Promoting congeniality and teamwork at all levels
Other Duties Compliance:
- To participate in any training and/or duties as required by the ship, department or Head Office
- To keep detailed handover notes to pass onto your relief
- Complete Hours of rest form as per company policy
- To be aware of the Company SMS protocol’s and inform key personnel as required
NOTE: Duties & Responsibilities are not subject to, or limited by those specified.
- Carry out designated role in crew and passenger safety drills according to regulations
- Comply with Company safety and pollution prevention regulations and procedures
Medically Fit and can bend stretch, crawl and occasionally or frequently lift or move items up to 50 pounds / 25 kilos.
- Accommodation Jobs (71)
- Beauty Jobs (54)
- Casino Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (38)
- Engine Jobs (93)
- Entertainment Jobs (130)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (465)
- Guest Services Jobs (74)
- IT Jobs (5)
- Land Based Jobs (115)
- Management Jobs (28)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (56)
- Photography Jobs (20)
- Retail Jobs (48)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (32)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (15)
- Other Jobs (15)