Assistant F&B Director (shipboard)
As Assistant F&B Director, you will be a focal point in the F&B Services team working to achieve the highest level of Guests’ satisfaction in terms of food and beverage presentation and service execution.
- Assisting in the management, organization, direction and supervision all Crew F&B outlets, such as Crew messes and recreational areas
- Supervising and assisting the operation in the Guests buffet service, outdoor barbecues, special groups and event requests, when assigned to any F&B catering
- Completing operational reports by identifying issues and opportunities to offer feasible solutions to given special requests, through clear and concise indications
- Training, inspiring and developing all assigned human resources to foster professional and personal growth
- Communicating goals and objectives to all collaborators by making presentations in front of groups to deliver information efficiently and effectively
- Secondary school (Hotel, Tourism orequivalent)
- At least 4 years’ experience in Hotel, Resorts or Cruise Industry, in dining, bar or culinary
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Hotel or Tourism management and at least 2 years’ experience in Hotel, Resorts or Cruise Industry
- Team organization: scheduling and management
- Controlling: cost and revenue management basic skills
- Guest handling: issue resolution process and communication
- Bar: beverage trends and product knowledge
- Galley & Culinary: knowledge of galley functioning and structure, operational hours and production times
- Restaurant: floor management, rank assignments and duties
- HACCP certification
- Computer literacy
- English knowledge B2
- Other language knowledge B1
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Previous shipboard experience is a plus
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?