Deck Repairman- NCL Holdings
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The Deck Repairman is responsible for carrying out necessary and specific Deck and Hotel repair work as assigned.
- Coordinates with the technical department in order to assist with difficult repairs.
- Overhaul and maintain deck equipment.
- As part of the repair work, welding different types of metal, including TIG and MIG.
- Operate lathe machine.
- Carry out steel work, including stainless steel.
- Prepare, repair and install pipe fittings.
- Occasionally works on repair projects for the Bosun, as assigned by their immediate supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum one year experience performing MIG and TIG welding is required.
- Minimum one year experience as a Deck Repairman, or similar role, in the maritime or marine industry is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Training Course Certificates in Basic Safety from a recognized educational institution is required.
- Must hold an active Welding license from a recognized educational institution.
- Must be able to work well independently
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
36 Weeks On & 9 Weeks Off
- Accommodation Jobs (56)
- Beauty Jobs (49)
- Casino Jobs (10)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (39)
- Engine Jobs (102)
- Entertainment Jobs (140)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (373)
- Guest Services Jobs (65)
- IT Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (165)
- Management Jobs (30)
- Medical Jobs (15)
- Office Jobs (44)
- Photography Jobs (18)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (25)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (11)
- Other Jobs (14)