Holland America Line - Grand Dutch Cafe - Barista/ Waiters
Beverage Service / Dutch Grand Café
As a Holland America Line Bartender You will create a HAL Dutch Café experience for our guests by providing once-in-a-lifetime guest service with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean, hygienic and comfortable environment.
- Responsible for guest service operations for food and beverage and to exceed revenue budgets in the Grand Dutch Café while staying within budgeted cost.
- Provides quality beverages and food products consistently and efficiently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines in the workplace and for all products.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and ethics that promote the culture, values and mission of Holland America Line.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep operating area to Holland America Line’s standard.
- Anticipates guests’ needs by constantly evaluating environment and guests for cues.
- Communicates information to Head Bartender so that the team can respond as necessary to create the most efficient service possible.
- Assists with new teammate training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Delivers excellent guest service to all guests by acting with a ‘guest comes first’ attitude and connecting with the guest, consequently exceeding our guest service scores set.
- Follows Holland America Line operational policies and procedures, including those for inventory handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all guests, officers and crew.
Contract lengths will be 6 months with a 2 months unpaid leave period. Flights to and from the ship are paid for, all visa costs can be reimbursed onboard.
The position is a Crew rating – shared cabin accommodation.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, Dutch
Holland America Line
Holland America Line has been operating for more than 140 years and we are a recognized leader in the cruise industry, operating a fleet of premium mid-sized ships. We believe travel has the power to change the world and we take pride in playing our part in opening minds, building connections, and inspiring a shared humanity. Our fleet of 14 ships visits all seven continents and annually offers more than 500 cruises to more than 400 ports of call in close to 100 countries. Holland America Line crew members are the heart of the operation and work enthusiastically to ensure that each guest has a memorable vacation.