Tour Escort m/f
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To ensure fullest guest satisfaction, coordinate all shore-excursion activities, organize guest entertainment programs and comply with the product book and all included as well as optional programs and services, both on shore as well as on board.
This document is not a define overview of the expected responsibilities, tasks and duties. Items can be added in the future depending on the final departmental development. The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated on the paper.
- Organization of embarkation and disembarkation
- Ensuring smooth operation of transfers (transfer / luggage / times)
- Coordination of airport representative and assisting with guests’ travels
- Handling / filing of cruise, land (if applicable) reports & daily program
- Managing and filing vendor vouchers & onboard bookings
- Responsible for the filing of Easy Survey cards, shore-excursion questionnaires
- Promotion of Easy Survey cards and shore-excursion questionnaires
- Organizing and presenting guest entertainment (games / lectures / presentations) according to the cruise layout & active guest relation
- Responsible for all public announcements (including bridge commentary)
- Operation of IT programs
- Training and liaising with Guest Services
- Handling guest complaints
- Coordination of all excursions including audio equipment
- Liaising with local suppliers (reconfirmation of reservations, busses, guides…)
- Accompanying of all excursions led by local guides
- Commentary on the coaches and local guiding in pre-defined towns/ sites according to Cruise Layout and Storyboard
- Presentation and promotion of all excursions
- Controlling and monitoring of implementation and quality of the excursions
Supervisor:Hotel Manager, Corporate Enrichment & Program Manager
Gives instructions to: Local Tour Guidesand other shore side staff
Receives instructions from:Hotel Manager, Corporate Enrichment & Program Manager, Corporate Operations Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Graduated education within hotel / tourism industry
- Min. 3 years professional experience in a management position / tour guidance
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English and Portuguese skills, other languages are an asset
- Must work independently, profound computer knowledge
- Present excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Has a positive personality, friendly and neat appearance
- Show stress resistance, flexibility, team player, shows commitment
- Must be able to deal correctly with confidential information and must be discrete
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Must be guest focused, service oriented, have a positive personality and professional appearance
- Outstanding flexibility and ability to cooperate -even under pressure -within a team of three Program Directors onboard a vessel, are a must.
- Ability to lead guests and represent the company in a most professional way, including in challenging circumstances
- Achieves/succeeds the KPI goals set for the Program Director position
- Actively participates in achieving shore excursions, enrichment and financial KPI goals
- Strong motivates and contributes to achieve the company goals and objectives
- Full knowledge about safety & security procedure
- Participation in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.