Guest Services Officer for Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Cruises
We are seeking on behalf of one of the world’s biggest cruise lines Royal Caribbean/ Celebrity Cruises for qualified Guest Services Officers (Front Desk). This is a great position for anyone with a passion for ensuring Total Guest Satisfaction through personalized services that will create a memorable experience for our guests, whilst travelling to some of world’s most exciting destinations and gain-ing valuable life and work experience.
The role of Guest Relations Officer allows you to utilize your exemplary problem resolution skills, keen listening skills, strong communication and organizational skills, and genuine social skills. Successfully resolve challenges and concerns by taking initiative and proactively identi-fying solutions and following-up in a timely manner.
Primary duties include:
- Plays a key role in being the first impression for the brand and our guests
- Provides all services of the Guest Relations Desk (i.e. lost luggage, stateroom changes, lost and found services, printing and issuing guest cruise cards, and broadcasting an-nouncements)
- Answers inquiries pertaining to Guest Relations services and general information
- Responds to guest concerns in a considerate, professional, and positive manner by showing empathy and actively listening
- Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are re-solved to the guest’s satisfaction
- Maintains knowledge of all the ship’s regular events and special functions by review-ing all available sources (vessel’s Daily Program, etc.) in order to provide guests with accurate information to answer questions and handle special requests
- Assists the Financial Controller with exchanging foreign currency, travelers´ checks, and collection of payment on guest accounts
- Education in hospitality management, business administration or related field pre-ferred
- One – two years experience in a customer relations position in a 4*-5* hotel, cruise or related industry
- Minimum one-year cash handling experience, and an understanding of US currency and exchange rates required
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing personalized services includ-ing needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery sys-tems, and guest satisfaction evaluation techniques
- Solid communication, problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, including telephones, computers and copy machines (Word, Excel)
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to speak additional languages is preferred (ideally German or French)
- Food & Accommodation provided
- Medical centre on board – free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity for advancement
- Ability to travel and see some amazing destinations
- Meet people and make friends from all over the world
How to apply:
Send your up to date CV / Resume with recent photo
Confirm if you already have a valid passport or not
1Written work reference is required.
If found qualified we will get back to you as soon as possible via e-mail, SKYPE and/or text message.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (102)
- Beauty Jobs (58)
- Casino Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (88)
- Engine Jobs (151)
- Entertainment Jobs (187)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (478)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (70)
- Management Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Office Jobs (62)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (24)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (27)