HVAC engineer for SAGA new build
Contract Duration: 3 Months
We are currently looking for an HVAC Engineer
Licence / Qualification requirements;
- 2nd Engineer Unlimited COC or recognised Refrigeration qualification (City and Guilds or NVQ3)
- Knowledge of Refrigeration and Refrigerant Gases.
- F-Gas Certificate
- EPA Certificate
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as 2nd Engineer or HVAC Engineer onboard a Passenger Ship or Land-based
- Refrigeration/Air conditioning role
- STCW certification relevant to this position
- Good command of the English language
- Knowledge of USPH and international public health requirements
- Previous experience with CO2 refrigeration systems
- Previous experience with SRtP vessels
- Experience of working with complex automation/energy efficiency modules and systems
- Line Manager;
- Chief Engineer (whilst in new build phase only)
- Staff Chief Engineer
- Direct Reports;
- Assistant HVAC Engineer(s)
To assist the following with their responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Technical Department Responsibility 13 - Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Ensure system installation and commissioning is in accordance with the design criteria of the new build specification
- Development and attendance of equipment specific training for the respective areas of responsibility
- Input into standard operating procedures, risk assessments and maintenance tasks requirements for the responsible systems
- Coordination with Chief Engineer and site team (whilst in new build phase) for all HVAC related tasks
- Operation and maintenance of all main air conditioning, refrigeration machinery, fire dampers and technical space fans with specific attention placed on Public Health, SOLAS, Flag and Class items.
- Planning and supervision of any third party works planned in relation to the air conditioning of refrigeration systems on board.
- Maintain all records as required by eVMS, Environmental and Public Health compliance.
- Responsible for safe and correct use, inventory, record keeping and storage of refrigerant gases.
- Maintenance and security of fan rooms and AC stations in line with company requirements
- Supervision and training for direct reports, to ensure their standards of work are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and they have the required skill sets to perform tasks
- Attend to passenger cabin defects effectively and professionally to minimise any effects on the guest experience
The HVAC Engineer’s duties will include:
- Prepare appraisals for all direct reports under their remit in accordance with Saga and V.Ships policies
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported in a timely manner
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as instructed by the Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
- Attending training and office visits as required by V.Ships and Saga where possible
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (71)
- Beauty Jobs (36)
- Casino Jobs (39)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine Jobs (152)
- Entertainment Jobs (145)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (424)
- Guest Services Jobs (69)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (117)
- Management Jobs (31)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Office Jobs (52)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (20)