As market leaders in the cruise industry, P&O Cruises and Cunard operate spectacular ships all over the world. Join us and you’ll discover that working at sea is more than just a job, it’s a way of life. You’ll visit different places, explore new worlds and gain experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager to join our expanding team onboard.
The HR Manager plays an active role in collaborating with the Senior Management Team onboard to provide expert knowledge and guidance on all HR aspects. This includes performance management, training, disciplinary matters and leading the welfare plan for our crew. You would work as part of a diverse, global workforce onboard the cruises - in partnership with the Head Office team - who are made up of friendly, happy and caring people.
Key Responsibilities of a HR Manager include:
- Provide an effective HR service onboard which is pragmatic, commercial, solution focused and provides a professional HR service to the fleet/ship
- Share clear accountability as part of the Senior Management Team in delivery of the balanced scorecard and other business priorities
- Work collaboratively with the other teams onboard and HR colleagues in Head Office in supporting and driving Company and HR Strategy, cultural change and associated leadership development
- Work in close collaboration with the Onboard Learning & Development Officer to provide suitable and relevant training for the ship team
- Oversee the provision of all administration matters relating to the ship’s company, including officers, crew, concession staff and guest entertainers
- Ensure the ship’s administration complies with all relevant local and international procedures and MLC requirements
- Build and maintain an effective team ensuring all issues are resolved in a professional and customer focused manner
- Effectively manage own department, complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide support to guide, motivate and direct the team
- Oversee the onboard promotions process, supporting managers with interviews, selection, and succession planning and undertake leadership training as required
- Attend corporate sponsored social events as a figurehead of the SMT
To join P&O Cruises and Cunard in this fantastic role you must have the following:
- CIPD qualified, preferably to level 5
- HR Management or experience in working as part of multi-functional workforce
- Strong operational background
- Previous experience of delivering leadership and management training
- Performance Management experience
- Significant Employee Relations experience
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential and receive attractive company benefits. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Please note we are currently recruiting for a Supernumerary for our ships for the remainder of 2019 to help you with understanding ship life. You will then be working independently onboard with the Senior Management Team from 2020.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.