First Repairman - NCL Holdings
Primary function is the maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment as directed by the First Engineer.
May also perform projects for Staff Chief Engineer, Staff Captain, Sr. Refrigeration Engineer and Chief Electrical Engineer as required.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Responsibility and Authority
Commit to the Company’s Core Values – flawless execution, dedication to family & community, spirit of entrepreneurship, financial excellence and environmental stewardship.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and NCLH’s impact upon the environment.
- Assist in maintenance and repairs as directed by the First Engineer, of machinery and equipment on board including but not limited to: piping, pumps, foundations, valves, decks, bulkheads, overheads, hatches, ladders, engines, evaporators, heat exchangers, etc.
- Keep repairman's workshop clean and organized.
- Shall be familiar with and follow the Safety Management System including applicable responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan SMS Contingency Plan and procedures and Station Bill.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Must hold a current Welding Certificate from an accredited educational institution is preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) months prior experience performing mechanical maintenance and repair working with heavy machinery is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience is required in the following welding methods: ARC, Oxy-Acetylene, MIG and TIG; this also includes cutting and brazing.
- Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
26 Weeks Onboard & 10 Weeks Off
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (88)
- Beauty Jobs (59)
- Casino Jobs (36)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (88)
- Engine Jobs (136)
- Entertainment Jobs (176)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (505)
- Guest Services Jobs (93)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (103)
- Management Jobs (25)
- Medical Jobs (18)
- Office Jobs (61)
- Photography Jobs (19)
- Retail Jobs (42)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (26)
- Other Jobs (27)