The Cadet Purser provides support to the Hotel Department with the administration and accounting tasks necessary to achieve the best level of guest and crew satisfaction.
- Supervises and processes guests' payments;
- Checks that all crew have the right documents and hard copy of all certificates and trainings to work on board;
- Supports the Immigration Purser in order to comply with the immigration procedures in place for guests;
- Assists the Crew Purser in order to ensure respect of immigration procedures and payments for crew members;
- Liaises with port agent, MSC local representative and port authorities to support ship's operations;
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Purser, supports and assists the on-board hotel operations, guest and crew activities.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management or Business Finance;
- Admin experience in payroll processing, cash handling, and accounting in the tourism industry, preferably in the cruise industry;
- Computer literate;
- Strong administrative, accounting and organizational skills;
- Customer focus;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book;
- STCW2010 certification is compulsory•
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Able to obtain US visa and/or Schengen visa.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (110)
- Beauty Jobs (57)
- Casino Jobs (37)
- Child Care Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (81)
- Engine Jobs (162)
- Entertainment Jobs (164)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (489)
- Guest Services Jobs (82)
- IT Jobs (7)
- Land Based Jobs (72)
- Management Jobs (30)
- Medical Jobs (26)
- Office Jobs (59)
- Photography Jobs (16)
- Retail Jobs (40)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (27)
- Other Jobs (38)