2nd Engineer- NCL Holdings (Regent Seven Seas)
Responsible to maintain an effective engine room watch and maintenance duties as assigned.
Responsibility and Authority
Commit to the Company’s Core Values – flawless execution, dedication to family & community, spirit of entrepreneurship, financial excellence and environmental stewardship.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and NCLH’s impact upon the environment.
- Maintain an efficient and alert watch in the engine room during assigned periods at sea and in port, following the provisions of SMS/E/P001, SMS/CIRC/005, SMS/CIRC/006 and SMS/CIRC/007.
- Call the Chief Engineer whenever in doubt as specified by his/her instructions and the provisions of SMS/E/P013.
- Carry out maintenance to assigned technical systems as designated by the Staff Chief Engineer and/or Chief Engineer.
- Assist in familiarization with the vessel of lower-ranked engine Officers, as specified in SMS/E/P003 and SMS/E/P004.
- Assist Staff Chief Engineer in providing information for assigned areas to the Engine Department Monthly Condition Report, as specified in SMS/DEH/P042.
- Be fully familiar with the procedures for emergency control of controllable-pitch propellers, where fitted, as described in SMS/E/P012.
- Carry out systematic checks of oil to sea interfaces as described in SMS/E/P015.
- Prepare a handover report prior leaving the vessel, as specified in SMS/DEH/P043.
- When assigned to do so, represent the Engine Department on the Shipboard Safety Committee as described in SMS/DEH/P031.
- Closely follow Chief Engineer’s instructions and procedures SMS/E/P006, E/P006/CL1 and E/P006/CL2 when loading or transferring bunkers, MDO, lube oils or oily sludge.
- Closely follow the provisions of SMS/DEH/P035 when bunkering tenders.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations regarding refrigerant gasses emissions to the atmosphere, as specified in SMS/EOC/P003.
- Comply with all laws and regulations regarding bilge water and oily sludge operations aboard Company ships, as specified in SMS/EOC/P005.
- Comply with all laws and regulations regarding black water and gray water operations aboard Company ships, as specified in SMS/EOC/P006.
- Responsible for ensuring that Fuel Switchover process is carried out as outlined in SMS/EOC/P001.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Second Engineer qualifications and licenses in compliance with all International and National conventions and regulations.
- Second Engineer license, endorsed by the Flag State, and all of the certificates as required by the STCW.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
- Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
- Watchstanding Ratings
- Chief Engineer for watches
- Staff Chief Engineer for maintenance
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Accommodation Jobs (106)
- Beauty Jobs (64)
- Casino Jobs (35)
- Child Care Jobs (29)
- Deck Jobs (101)
- Engine Jobs (146)
- Entertainment Jobs (181)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (506)
- Guest Services Jobs (75)
- IT Jobs (13)
- Land Based Jobs (86)
- Management Jobs (33)
- Medical Jobs (19)
- Office Jobs (72)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Retail Jobs (37)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (30)
- Other Jobs (17)