Knowledge, experience, responsibility, skills, abilities
• Assist with effective operation of the department.
• Achieving and exceed departmental financial targets (revenue, costs).
• Ensure effective beverage service in the restaurant.
• Responsible for the service in a section of the main dining room or an alternative dining location.
• Supervise assigned personal with wine service in alternative dining locations.
• Assist the Head Sommelier in preparing the restaurant for service every morning and afternoon to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Possess thorough knowledge of the full wine list in order to assist guests with choices, make recommendations, and up sell.
• Assist the Head Sommelier in scheduling events.
• Assist with the setting up of wine tasting and any other relevant activities.
• Respond to passenger questions.
• Ensure compliance with company procedures regarding stock control and accurate charging to accounts.
Basic guaranteed salary per month: $2600 + % on sales
Accommodation and meals
Contract: 6 months On / 2 months Off
Travel tickets are provided by the employer
STCW certificates are required
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (118)
- Beauty Jobs (57)
- Casino Jobs (51)
- Child Care Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (99)
- Engine Jobs (145)
- Entertainment Jobs (176)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (497)
- Guest Services Jobs (72)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (73)
- Management Jobs (47)
- Medical Jobs (29)
- Office Jobs (60)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (27)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (29)
- Other Jobs (23)