At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful, and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently actively seeking experienced "Hotel Directors" to join our luxury fleet. The "Hotel Director" has the ultimate responsibility to ensure that all heads of department exceed all guest expectations on board. They need to lead by example and encourage Seabourn moments on a daily basis. Decisions on all financial aspects should always be in line with company standards and any last minute changes to be communicated to the guests in a timely manner with alternative arrangements. Please see specific requirements below:
- Possess a diploma from an international recognized hotel school or university, plus a minimum of three years serving as Hotel Manager or Food & Beverage Manager on board a 5-star ship.
- Have completed appropriate human resources training, including craft trainer or equivalent. The “Training for Managers” program as provided by Johnson & Wales University will satisfy this requirement.
- Have completed U.S.P.H. and U.K.P.H. training and go through a refreshment course every 5 years.
- Speak English fluently. Proficiency in German, French and/or Tagalog would be an advantage.
- Have completed Crowd Management training.
- The Hotel Director should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position aboard a 5star luxury brand
- Have exposure to budgeting techniques and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication with guests.
- Great leadership skill to teach others.
Seabourn offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, meals, paid travel to and from the ships, exceptional amenities, and extensivelearning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Seabourn family. Seabourn Cruises is an equal opportunityemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) policies without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!