Hotel Operations Coordinator
At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful, and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently actively seeking experienced "Hotel Operation Coordinators" to join our luxury fleet. Under general direction the "Hotel Operation Coordinator" performs varied, sensitive and confidential office administrative and secretarial support functions for the Hotel Director and F&B Manager; and performs related duties as assigned. Please see specific requirements below:
- Hotel School Diploma or similar preferred.
- Fluent English, written and spoken and good knowledge of one other (foreign) language, (i.e. Spanish, German, French, Italian).
- Minimum of 2 years’ shipboard experience.
- Must have a knowledge of:
- Office administrative and management practices and procedures.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication.
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Hotel Operation, rules, policies and procedures, including travel/training and expense reporting.
- Rules and regulations for the conduct of public meetings.
- standard word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and other software packages.
- Budgeting, record keeping, filing and purchasing practices and procedures.
- The principles and practices of effective supervision.
- Ability to:
- Operate a computer and word processing software and other standard office equipment.
- Manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities to meet the needs and expectations of higher management.
- Organize, set priorities and exercise sound, independent judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Train others in work processes and procedures; organize, research and maintain office files.
- Compose correspondence, prepare documents and make arrangements from brief instructions; communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Prepare clear, accurate and concise records and reports; maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Use a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and concerned and/or upset groups and individuals.
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all members reporting/corresponding with the Hotel Director and F&B Manager.
Seabourn offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, meals, paid travel to and from the ships, exceptional amenities, and extensivelearning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Seabourn family. Seabourn Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) policies without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!