Retail General Manager
Harding has an exciting opportunity for a Retail General Manager to join the team on board one of our new vessels.
This is the chance to work with a leading cruise lines, the ships are based across the world and they now have an exciting opportunity for a Retail General Manager to lead our brand-new ship.
You must have managed your own large turnover, high-paced, retail outlet and have a real understanding of how to motivate your team to produce the highest levels of customer service. It is also critical to have strong operational skills.
How you will contribute
- Driving sales value growth across all departments
- You will analyse your ship performance and formulate strong sales development plans to ensure you and your team exceed targets
- Promote a high-performance culture in the Flagship by setting clear expectations, holding employees accountable, creating an effective and efficient work environment, and setting goals that focus the team on key drivers that impact success
- Building strong relationships with our retailer colleagues on board and cruise line
- Leading a team in-store, motivating, coaching and ensuring the compliance strategy is executed
- You will coordinate product training for all Sales Associates, Assistant Managers and Department Managers on multi-category products through spontaneous and pre-booked training sessions
- You’ll take clear accountability for training and execution in store in all designated areas, including business, operations, sales/customer service, and visual merchandising, while also coordinating with Regional Trainer to ensure all employees are trained in Retail Standards
- Providing constructive feedback to the Area Manager and wider Retail team on success and feasibility of current and new programs, other initiatives, and specific store needs
- You'll support new product launches across all categories and the retail execution across your area
- You will communicate and provide visibility on product needs/other operational needs and opportunities to the Area Manager
- You will have at least 5 years of retail management experience (at Store Manager or Deputy Store Manager level) within a multi-site fast paced Retail environment; with a high degree of customer footfall where there is a high focus on providing customer experience (not just managing transactions)
- You will have experience of managing a £5m+ turnover site
- Previous ship experience is preferential but not necessary.
- Commercially-minded, you'll enjoy having big strategic conversations as well as getting stuck in to make things happen, and you'll be comfortable thinking on your feet and finding your own path
- You will have experience of leading a team of circa 30+ people with direct responsibility for at least 2 supervisors/managers
- You'll thrive in a fast-paced environment, leading others, building relationships and solving problems
- You will be able to demonstrate proven examples of using business data and KPI reports to make commercially sound decisions that drive business performance.
We take great pride in giving the best experience to our customers through great service and quality. But we know that we can’t do this without you. To celebrate your success, we have created the following awards:
- Travel around the world
- Store discounrt
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
At Harding Retail, we work in partnership with 20 of the world’s top cruise brands.
Founded on the Harding family name and trusted since 1930, we provide an on board retail shopping experience of the highest standards.
The Harding Retail portfolio includes over 250 shops on 62 cruise ships. As a premier on board retailer, our business focuses on our clients, the cruise lines, and their guests – our retail customers.
With offices in Bristol, Miami and Sydney, we are a worldwide business that embodies all that is exciting in the world of international travel and leisure.
We are proud of our long established history. The origins began nearly 200 years ago with Sam Edward Harding who started a butchers shop serving the community of Bristol. As a port city, there was a need to supply the many hundreds of ships that arrived each year and the business expanded into shipping supplies. In 1930, Harding Bros Ltd. was formed by Sam’s son, Percy, whose son, Michael, developed the company into one of the foremost suppliers of ships provisions in Europe.
In the late 1980’s, Michael’s son, Neil (the current President) developed the business and introduced shops on board cruise ships. Through a series of successful partnerships, the business has grown to operate on-board some of the world’s major cruise lines.
The desire to expand has been reinforced by the merger in November 2014 with Flemingo International, a fast growing global duty free and travel retailer. This merger will undoubtedly see Harding Retail take the next step in its rich history.
At Harding Retail we work with each of our cruise partners to develop onboard shops that meet the needs of a wide range of guests and passengers – from small boutiques to large multi-category open plan shops.
Each shop is designed for a truly exceptional shopping experience. Our shops are brand led, set in a contemporary environment and supported by our trained shop colleagues who are focused on delivering world class customer service.
Our proven experience and knowledge of cruise retail has been built through our strong client relationships and delivering successful commercial results.
Our professional and personal approach is reflected in our partnerships with many of the world’s top cruise brands, including P&O, Cunard, P&O Australia, Seabourn, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Regent, Oceania, Azamara, TUI, Viking, Thomson and Saga.
Harding Retail offers our customers a wide range of world class brands and exclusive merchandise including fine jewellery, watches, fashion, beauty and liquor, together with a selection of many essential items.
Our eye for newness and innovations illustrate our brand led approach, which is demonstrated by being the first to bring brands such as Michael Kors, Radley, Beaverbrooks and Carat London to sea.